MECA has been monitoring the announcements and information regarding COVID-19 to keep all staff and all clients safe at all times.
Therefore, as a matter of precaution, we are suspending, until further notice:
- Information sessions & Driver Education
- Sewing classes
- English 4 Living
- Homework Support
- Mentoring Programs (school based)
- Garden Programs
- Work Development Order (WDO)
- Citizenship classes
- School Holiday Program
- All Settlement Services group activities scheduled events;
MECA is working hard to find a method to continue to deliver important services to community members in a safe and creative ways. Please visit our website and our Facebook page for updated information.
We can all help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Australia.
To protect others you must:
- practice good hygiene
- practice social distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to self-isolate if you need to
- If you have recently been unwell, been in contact with someone who is unwell or you have symptoms of respiratory illness (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle and joint pain, or tiredness/exhaustion) please let your Team Leader know, self-isolate and CALL your GP for advice before you visit your doctor. For more information on self-isolation guidelines please visit https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-blog/a-guide
- As a responsible community member that wishes to keep yourself, your family and clients safe, you are required to keep yourself informed by monitoring government updates. Please visit the Commonwealth Department of Health website on a daily basis. https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
We will also be screening all our clients who visit our offices.